Engraved frontispiece to Quarleis
William Marshall (engraver), frontispiece to Edward Benlowes’s Quarleis, a pamphlet celebrating the appearance of Francis Quarles’s Emblemes (1635), STC 20540.5.
Plate looking like a frontispiece to the pamphlet Quarleis, the title surrounded by a wreath.
Download image “Engraved frontispiece to Quarleis”
- created on
- file formatjpg
- file size648 KB
- container titleFrancis Quarles, Emblems, divine and moral, together with Hieroglyphicks of the life of man (London, 18th century)
- copyright statusPublic Domain
- creatorWilliam Marshall
- creditUsed by permission of the Folger Shakespeare Library.
- original publisher placeLondon
- restrictionsSee the Creative Commons website for details about the restrictions associated with the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
- rightsCC BY-SA 4.0
- rights territoryWorldwide