Ludus Literarius Christianus, Anthreno-Tripsis seu Crabronum Tritura
Plate looking like a title page. An elaborate floral wreath encircles the title Ludus Literarius Christianus, Anthreno-Tripsis seu Crabronum Tritura and the name of the author, “Edw. Benlosij. Armig.” Swarms of buzzing bees turn the flowers’ pollen into honey, while a clutch of putti squeeze grapes from a wine press — a machine that looks very much like, indeed was the model for, the printing press.
- created on
- file formatjpg
- file size6 MB
- container titleEdward Benlowes, Theophila (London: Henry Seile and Humphrey Moseley, 1652)
- copyright statusPublic Domain
- creatorEdward Benlowes, Francis Barlow
- creditPhotograph by Whitney Trettien.
- original publisherEdward Benlowes, Roger Norton, Henry Seile, Humphrey Moseley
- original publisher placeLondon
- rights holderWhitney Trettien
- rights territoryWorldwide