Manicule is a standalone React/Redux web application for presenting, touring, and visualizing the structure of unique printed books and manuscripts in digital facsimile. It allows editors to build guided tours through a book’s distinguishing features; annotate the edges of interesting pages with extra information; categorize and color-code each page in the facsimile, giving a bird’s-eye or “map” view of a book’s main elements; and visualize the book’s structure.
- created on
- copyright statusPublic Domain
- creatorLiza Daly, Whitney Trettien
- creditThis app was built and designed by Liza Daly and Whitney Trettien, with support from the Price Lab for Digital Humanities at the University of Pennsylvania.
- rightsMIT License
- rights holderLiza Daly, Whitney Trettien
- rights territoryWorldwide