Adam and Eve in St. John’s gift copy
Woodcut of Adam and Eve, inserted in Canto 2 in this copy of Theophila (1652). St Johns College Library, Bb.4.25, facing sig. E6v.
A woodcut of Adam and Eve in Eden inserted at the poem’s beginning, at a recounting of Genesis.
- created on
- file formatjpg
- file size7 MB
- container titleEdward Benlowes, Theophila (London: Henry Seile and Humphrey Moseley, 1652)
- copyright statusPublic Domain
- creatorEdward Benlowes, Francis Barlow
- creditPhotograph by Whitney Trettien. By permission of the Master and Fellows of St. John’s College, Cambridge.
- original publisherEdward Benlowes, Roger Norton, Henry Seile, Humphrey Moseley
- original publisher placeLondon
- rights holderWhitney Trettien
- rights territoryWorldwide