Hendrik Goltzius (engraver), "Ablatio malorum," in the series Allegories of Faith, published by Theodoor Galle (ca. 1578). This print was used in the Hatfield House gospel harmony made at Little Gidding. Copyright Trustees of the British Museum.
Engraving showing Christ holding a heart-shaped basket and tipping out the deadly sins while retaining the virtues, along with other emblematic imagery of Christ as a farmer.
Download image “Ablatio Malorum”
- created on
- file formatjpeg
- file size2 MB
- copyright statusPublic Domain
- creatorHendrik Goltzius, Theodoor Galle
- creditCopyright Trustees of the British Museum
- restrictionsSee the Creative Commons website for details about the restrictions associated with the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
- rightsCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- rights territoryWorldwide