Inspired by one of Nelson Mandela’s recurring nightmares, Mandela’s Dark Years offers a political reading of dream-life. Sharon Sliwinski guides the reader through the psychology of apartheid, recasting dreaming as a vital form of resistance to political violence, away from a rational binary of thinking.
This short, provocative study blends political theory with clinical psychoanalysis, opening up a new space to consider the politics of reverie.
- publisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- publisher placeMinneapolis, MN
- restrictionsPlease see the Creative Commons website for details about the restrictions associated with the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license.
- rightsMandela’s Dark Years: A Political Theory of Dreaming by Sharon Sliwinski is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- rights holderSharon Sliwinski
- rights territoryWorld
- series number8
- series titleForerunners: Ideas First