Empowering people to influence change through data. Citizen sensing kits to monitor traffic as part of @WecountH Gr… https://t.co/RqZuZDap8f
Sensors are increasingly common within citizen-sensing and DIY projects, but these devices often require the use of a how-to guide. From online instructional videos for troubleshooting sensor installations to handbooks for using and abusing the Internet of Things, the how-to genres and formats of digital instruction continue to expand and develop. As the how-to proliferates, and instructions unfold through multiple aspects of technoscientific practices, Jennifer Gabrys asks why the how-to has become one of the prevailing genres of the digital. How to Do Things with Sensors explores the ways in which things are made do-able with and through sensors and further considers how worlds are made sense-able and actionable through the instructional mode of citizen-sensing projects.
Transforming citizen sensing | Waag https://t.co/c2nA0alP8y via @waag
Waar moet de ideale sensor aan voldoen? Op 9 en 10 december organiseren we samen met @SODAQ een online conferentie… https://t.co/FkGk8s1aKB
Transforming citizen sensing: are you interested in sensors and measuring air quality? Work with us and @SODAQ as w… https://t.co/6rJpYGAbQE
Join this very interesting event. Transforming citizen sensing | Waag https://t.co/cQdjqACl0p via @waag @JudithVeenkamp
The #BristolApproach is a framework designed to ensure that new technologies developed in the framework of… https://t.co/WJ1uFwmWPd
- rightsThe research leading to these results has received funding from the European Research Council under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP/2007-2013)/ERC Grant Agreement no. 313347, “Citizen Sensing and Environmental Practice: Assessing Participatory Engagements with Environments through Sensor Technologies.”
How to Do Things with Sensors by Jennifer Gabrys is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- publisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- publisher placeMinneapolis, MN
- restrictionsPlease see the Creative Commons website for details about the restrictions associated with the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
- rights holderJennifer Gabrys
- rights territoryWorld
- series number34
- series title