The Celebrity Persona Pandemic explores how the construction of a public persona is fetishized in contemporary culture. As social media has progressively led to a greater focus on the production of the self, so this book looks at the most visible versions of persona through figures such as Stephen Colbert, Cate Blanchett, and Justin Bieber, as well as fictional characters like Spock and Harry Potter. Ultimately, P. David Marshall closely studies how persona culture shapes our notions of value and significance, and dramatically shifts cultural politics.
Background image by Felix Mooneeram on Unsplash.
- publisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- publisher placeMinneapolis, MN
- restrictionsPlease see the Creative Commons website for details about the restrictions associated with the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license.
- rightsThe Celebrity Persona Pandemic by P. David Marshall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- rights holderP. David Marshall
- rights territoryWorld
- series number17
- series title