The Experimental Side of Modeling
by Isabelle F. PeschardBas C. Fraassen
Contributors: Nancy D. CartwrightAnthony ChemeroRonald N. GiereJenann IsmaelTarja KnuuttilaAndrea LoettgersDeborah MayoJoseph RousePaul TellerMichael Weisberg
Offering a radically new conception of the role of data in the scientific modeling process, this cutting-edge volume offers a multifaceted view on experiments as designed and shaped in interaction with the modeling process. Highlighting the mediating role of models and the model-dependence (as well as theory-dependence) of data measurement, it proposes a normative and conceptual innovation in scientific modeling.
Table of Contents
- publisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- publisher placeMinneapolis, MN
- restrictionsAll rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.
- rightsCopyright 2018 by the Regents of the University of Minnesota
- rights holderRegents of the University of Minnesota
- rights territoryWorld
- series number21
- series titleMinnesota Studies in the Philosophy of Science